Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A Good Couple of Days

Days when my thinking is clear. Days when I realize what works for me and I do it. Days when I recognize what a good day even IS. Days when I can stop for gas on the way home from work (always a dangerous proposition) and give myself complete permission to buy the stupid junk food crap if I want to... and realizing that I don't want to. Understanding that it will not taste good, will not feel good and I will regret it. And then not doing it. Days when I can stop at the Wal Mart after work (an even MORE dangerous proposition!) and get nothing but the pill organizer I came for and some sugar free breath mints.

Days when I recognize that it is the small things that make the difference and that pile up. Getting the dilly bar instead of the blizzard (200 cals vs. at least 400 cals). Good days lead to more good days. Small good decisions lead to more small good decisions. And days when I recognize that this is the way I will get back to the weight that I feel good at.


No comments:

Post a Comment