Thursday, February 14, 2013

I'm OK, You're OK

My weight this morning was 201.6. How I hate typing that out! The struggle continues, but I am trying to be good to myself, reading lots of positive and encouraging blogs, doing positive affirmations and continuing to experiment, trying to find the thing that is going to work well for me right now. I know I am doing the best I can at any given moment (that's my favorite affirmation!) and that ultimately I am just fine, regardless of the fact that the scale is ten numbers higher than I wish it to be.

But the reason I decided to write is because yesterday I had a good day. I skipped lunch, which I have been toying around with as a strategy. My lap band is restrictive enough that it prevents me from doing too much real damage at dinner, so the binge monster is kept in check. What is killing me right now is the snack attack, and skipping lunch allows me to off-set the stupid calories (by which I mean, the mini twix eaten at the reception desk while putting something in the out-going mail box, the sugar cookie given specifically to me by a co-worker because she knows I like them, the handful of goldfish crackers grabbed to tide me over while cooking dinner after I get home, etc. etc.) which I figure I am going to do no matter what, so I might as well try something different to make it all work.

Another big win last night was I had to make a trip to Target to get a couple of small Valentine treats for the kids (as much as I hate this "holiday", I can't help but give them a little something, it is what my mom always did for us) so I really wanted to stop for a milkshake and get some truffles, I felt myself starting to plan it all out.... but then I didn't. I got a small snack size bag of those little candy eggs I really like, and that was it. And I was happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment