Saturday, May 12, 2012

11

Got my eleven done. It went much MUCH better than last week, finished at 12:28/mile. I might not meet my time goal, but I am pretty sure I will beat my previous personal best, so that is good. The weather was much more cooperative, in fact it was kind of cold. I feel pretty good about my time because I had to stop twice, once to pee and once to poo, so what I did was for each stop, I skipped one of my walk intervals in a rather feeble attempt to make up the time. It probably helped though.

I also took some moments before starting the run to focus on what I wanted out of the run, what my goals were (to run my run intervals, to pace well, and to only have positive self talk, to not focus on time) so that was helpful as well.

There was some kind of event going on at the park, some running race, but luckily they really didn't get in my way at all, since I chose to run around the perimeter of the park (about a three mile loop) so they pretty much stayed out of my way.

It was a good run, I was feeling joyful, even on the last mile, which is really nice. Hopefully, next week's run will be as good, and even if it is not it will at least be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment