Sunday, June 3, 2012

Elliptical and 5K

Only worked out four times this week, in an effort to ensure I am taking it easy and not continuing to aggravate the stupid band. I walked and did the bike, did five miles on the elliptical yesterday and finally today ran outside for the first time in a week. It was okay, I did 3.1 miles at 12:16/mile. I did 4R/1W intervals. And the good news is, my dog seems to be finally recovered from the stupid leg injury he had, and I've been taking him for very short runs for about a month or so now, but we have worked our way up to two miles, which means I no longer have to stick to the short half mile neighborhood loop, where there are tons of barking dogs that irritate the hell out of both of us. Now I can take him on the longer two mile loop, drop him off at home and then finish up on my own. It's nice to have him back, I like his company even though he slows me down a good deal. I won't let him run with Chris anymore ever, I told Chris he was banned from running with the dog. He goes too fast and is much more reluctant than I am to slow down for the dog, preferring to make the dog speed up, which is what got us into this mess, I am convinced of it. I was certainly guilty of pushing him too hard sometimes before the injury, but I am really careful about it now. And Chris is just not capable of running that slow, he just isn't. But running slow has never really been my challenge.

No blogging for a couple of weeks, we are off to Hawaii and have made a commitment to "unplug" as much as humanly possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment