Sunday, June 17, 2012

"What's it take to get it through your thick skullsThat this ain't some bullshitPeople don't usually come back this way"
Some Bad Meets Evil for your Sunday enjoyment..... I might have the lyrics wrong, but that is how I hear them in my head.
I'm almost back to my fighting weight and did three miles on the tready today. It was HARD. The altitude has not been this difficult to adjust to since we moved here, I swear to god. Guess that's what I get for vacationing at sea level.
I made biscuits and gravy for Chris for Father's Day, but did not eat any myself. It wasn't that hard.... even though I make some seriously bad-ass biscuits and gravy, they aren't really my thing, if you know what I am saying. I also went to Costco yesterday and did not buy any treats. Also managed to avoid treats at the grocery store. And tonight Chris is saying he wants ice cream, and I am seriously thinking I am just going to get one scoop of "light" ice cream in a cup! The humanity!!!!
So, doing well for now, although every day is a battle. But, as my daughter reminded me the other day, I am stronger than the cake. Even those little mini lemon cakes that are two bites of delicious heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment