Wednesday, September 12, 2012

3.5

Did 3.5 outside, in about 43 minutes, although I didn't have my garmin so that time is very approximate. But the real news is I did 7R/1W intervals. This meant I had to run all the way up nemesis hill with no walk break.

But it's a weird thing lately. Running harder is coming more easily than I would have thought. I increase my intervals and it's just not that big of a deal. You just never can tell when your body is going to decide to make some leap forward, it doesn't seem to have very much rhyme or reason. I thought it was going to be much harder after so much treadmill running this summer, but it really hasn't been. Which just goes to show you that treadmill running = still running, and will still keep you at a decent fitness level, even if you aren't working as hard as you might, so then when you are ready to really hit it, it's not so hard. The other thing I have noticed is that hills aren't as big a darn deal as they used to be... I used to plan runs around hills (how many, how steep, etc.) and now I just find myself not thinking about them too much.

Anyway, after having a few brief but glorious minutes thinking I had a free evening after football practice got cancelled due to rain, my daughter reminded me that now I can go to her forensics team parent meeting, which I was previously going to have to miss because of football. So, off I go to finish the second shift, which these days never seems to end.


No comments:

Post a Comment