Sunday, January 1, 2012

Janathon Janathon Janathon

First day of Janathon, and it started pretty darn slow for me! Got 1.95 miles done. I had to travel most of the day and then I had to watch football, so I was rather busy. Then when I finally went I had to deal with the burning of the lungs due to getting back up to our altitude (for anyone unfamiliar with how this feels, it is like smoking a pack of cigarettes the night before and then running the next day), so I cut it pretty short. Plus, it was freaking cold out.

My fitness goals for this year are to run a 5K in under 35 minutes. I think I can do that if I up my intervals. I think if I can get to where 5R/1W is the norm, that should be a pretty consistent 11 minute mile. I also want to run a 10K in under 70 minutes. I did decide for my own purposes that these distances do NOT have to be timed "professional" races. Since I have found that my Garmin is at least as accurate, if not more accurate, on all the courses I have run, I trust it. So, if my Garmin says I did a 10K, then I did a 10K, regardless if I was on a course with a bunch of other obnoxious people.

I'm also planning to do a half marathon distance on an elliptical on my birthday, February 5th, this year.

I did run all week in Arizona this week and put up some pretty impressive times... I sure do love running at lower altitude! All together I managed 15.45 total miles for the week, which ain't too shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment