Sunday, August 5, 2012

Fast

So, I've decided to do a fast for the next week. As per my usual form, I read up on a few ways to do this, and came up with my own thing. It basically amounts to liquids only and the same thing every day, probably around 800 calories per day. It also means daily meditation (giving up my morning computer time wasting) and daily readings from this book.

I had Chris hide the scale, since one of my biggest concerns in doing this is that it NOT be about weight loss. That can't be what it is about. It is about clearing my head, releasing addictive patterns, and blah blah blah. So the scale is gone for this week and, just for good measure, next week as well.

Anyways, so I invented a nice ritual to start the fast, asking the universe for what I need and setting my intentions which I did this morning. My plan is to do another one a week from today to end the fast.

I plan on still exercising, but taking it way easy, so that is just not where the focus is going to be this week.

Not sure about blogging. It might be that I have great insights and amazing things that I feel I need to say, or it might be that I am just a cranky bitch for a week who avoids all contact, internet and otherwise. We'll just have to see.


1 comment: