Saturday, August 18, 2012

Lucky Dog

Things I was thinking about approximately one mile into my run today:

- A truck was approaching and I was trying to time my crossing the street for when it had passed
- My run tomorrow including
- Where I would run
- How far
- What intervals I should do
- I would be dropping the dog off in two blocks, and I was trying to figure out if this would happen during a walking interval, thus not messing too much with my time

Things I wasn't thinking about approximately one mile into my run today:

- Where I was putting my damn feet.

I hit one of those orange bumpy curb things, tripped and literally went ass over teakettle, landing hard on my left knee and rolling on the ground, finally coming to a rest on my ass looking at the sidewalk and wondering what the hell happened.

I hit the ground so hard the leash flew out of my hand thus allowing the dog (having never moved so fast in his life, I am sure) to get out of the way of my falling bulk and not be injured himself.

In what I think is a real credit to my community, both the dudes in the truck that was passing at the time and a little girl on her bike stopped and asked me if I was okay. If they proceeded to laugh their asses off, they didn't do it in front of me.

The only way it could have been worse is if I had injured more than my pride, which I don't think I did. My knee is pretty scraped up, but I don't think it is really hurt (although I am icing it just to be on the safe side, I am sure it is going to be bruised up).

I did finish the run, by the way. After such an ego crushing incident, I don't see how I couldn't. 3.6 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment