Saturday, August 11, 2012

So Ridiculous

That I have done six nights of this "fast" and tonight is the hardest night.....

I am too hungry to write anything of substance, but things are going well. I have a little ritual all planned for tomorrow to break the fast, and all is well. I may have spent time tonight trying to find the scale that I had Chris hide, but that is none of your business! (And I didn't find it anyway, damn him and his excellent hiding abilities!)

I have exercised this week, including a four mile run yesterday while the boy was at football practice that was as slow a run as I have done for at least a year, and I am not exaggerating. Turns out, it's hard to run when you are eating very few calories. It makes my muscles hurt more than they should, and everything harder. So, I have run this week, and did some elliptical today. Certainly, exercise this week has been on the easy side, with a total of about 150 minutes of cardio so far, but it was easier cardio than usual, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, lacking anything better to share, here is an email exchange between me and my husband from Friday. Not everyone has it as good as I do, and this week has included several learning experiences including recognizing the good things in my life.

Me: Hey, can you do me a favor and check and see how much money we have on our flex spend account right now? To get my fill on Tuesday with the fluoroscopy, it is going to cost us some money and I want to make sure we are covered. It turns out the bariatric benefit is separate from all other deductibles and co-pays, which is 10% of billed charges, and because I am doing radiology with the fill we are going to have to pay.

Him: We have a least $1000 so not worried about it.

Me: Ok. I do want to get it done with the fluoroscopy, I think it will make for a better fill and ultimately for a more effective lap band, rather than me having to keep going back and forth getting a fill and an un-fill until we get it right, so if we can pay for it I would prefer to.

Him: Yes, absolutely. The money is so worth it.

Me: I love you. It might just be that I am hungry, but I got very emotional with this email. I really appreciate how supportive you always are. I hope you have a nice hike this weekend.

Him: You can be both hungry and love me at the same time. They aren't mutually exclusive. I am always proud of how hard you try to be the best you that you can be and I support you when I can and try to stay out of the way if I can't help or don't understand what you need. The support works both ways which I appreciate as well. I love you and remember, mixed grill on Sunday with your choice of grilled items to eat.


1 comment: