Sunday, March 11, 2012

Windy PR

Yesterday I did my long, a respectable 5.5 miles at a respectable time of 12:05/mile.

Today I set out to do three miles, and I was doing so well (4R intervals) that I decided to make it a 5K and see if I couldn't go ahead and meet my 2012 goal of a sub 35 minute 5K today. Alas, I did not quite make it, although I did set a new PR, so that's pretty good. Time was 35:29, so I just need to be a little bit faster to reach my time goal on the 5K. I think if I can get my intervals up to 5R/1W I can probably do it. And this was my neighborhood course, if you will, lots of hills including nemesis hill, which beat me today, I ended up walking for thirty seconds that I should have been running.

I've been trying to run through one walk interval on my runs these days, and I did do it both days this weekend, so that is also a pretty nice accomplishment.


No comments:

Post a Comment